Thursday, February 21, 2013

The Test.

I'd be lying to you if I told you I never felt a loss so strong, it stung my bones.  I'd be lying to you if I told you I never felt such powerful envy, it almost consumed me.  I'd be lying to you if I told you I never felt so incompetent, it almost put me in a complete rut.  But I timidly admit that yes, I have experienced the emotional bouts of just any other human in this world.   

And so my friend, yes, I see highs, and I see lows.  I see energy, and I see sorrow.  I see the emotions that consume the vast majority.  When the abundant and the plenty come running in to our arms, we are elated.  When our expectations are exceeded, we are soaring off a natural high.  When the world takes a few flips, we are suddenly filled with despair.  When hope is slipped from our fingers, we cry and curl in our small confines for only sleep can ease our pain.  And when all we have is snatched from our hands, we fall so hard, the moon becomes faint to our deepening eyes.   

What we forget to realize, money is a test.  Popularity, is a test.  Intelligence, is a test.  Family, is a test.  Just as loss is a test.  Death is a test.  Behavior is a test.  How we treat our neighbors, is a test.  What content we choose to view, is a test.  What decisions we decide to make, is a test.  Most importantly, the relationship we choose to build with our Creator, is a test.   

The gifts we have come in the form of a test.  Everything that comes to you and everything that is taken from you is from Allah (S).   For this, I believe what we perceive as 'good' isn't always good.  And what we perceive as 'bad', isn't always bad.  Any gift you are easily given, choose to remember that God can easily take it away.  When the universe gives you an emotion of joy, choose to thank God.  When your emotions keep you happy, choose to thank God.  When your emotions create fear and grief, still, choose to thank God. 

Dark moments can consume us.  Emotions can create fear and we can lose our true selves.  But have you thought, does it have to be that way?  What if you changed your perspective and said 'this is a test, I shall submit to my Creator."  Must we succumb to our emotions? Should you choose to remember The All-Mighty, you will find peace. 

Peace. 

And peace is the emotion that will set you free.

Be well. 

1 comment:

  1. WOW! I felt like I had scuba dived in some deep sea of thoughts. Amazing!!

    ReplyDelete