Tuesday, February 12, 2013

A Different Kind of Drug.

I have spent the last three years warped in the world of disease and medicine.  If you have a symptom, there is a likely drug available to make those aches and pains go away.. perhaps with a side effect or two added on.

Now, here comes the tricky part.  I think I just about discovered an even greater drug.  Yes, it's the feel good, put me in heaven, and make my sorrows go away substance.  It can be the best of friends in times of need, and then stab you in the back just seconds after.  And no, this drug does not fall short of side effects!  The DEA would do us some good controlling it for its addiction potential. 

Sugar.  Yup, sugar.  The meetha melt in your mouth that sparks the perfect blend of endorphins and dopamine, heightening your sense of pleasure and elevating you to royal status.  Ahh, sweet heavens, snatch me another piece of that pie, my budding tastes ain't got enough! 

Its an addiction.  And, unfortunately, its in just about every food product available.  If you know me, and I mean, know me well.. you know I am a big time calorie counter (thank you MyFitnessPal).  But, I've come to a new understanding now.  It's not so much about the calories as it is the source of those calories.

So today:
Refuse to let sugar consume the majority of your daily calories.  Refuse an inflammatory state with increasing insulin levels.  Refuse the extra storage of unneeded fats and unneeded pounds.  Refuse to age yourself way beyond your time.  Refuse to lose control.

Say No to sugar !




Stay tuned, there will be several posts to come regarding this topic.


1 comment: